Wayland Little League Baseball and Softball would like to thank the Steve Henley Foundation for their generous donation of a “Big Bubba Pro Batting Cage Turtle” for use at the Wayland HS Varsity Field.
This piece of equipment is a significant enhancement to the facility that will make the baseball experience more productive and enjoyable for all ages for years to come.
Wayland Little League is proud to work with Wayland High School varsity baseball coach Joe Cincotta to coordinate activities for baseball players of all ages and will be announcing further details throughout the season. One program includes a mentorship program which will pair varsity baseball players with minor league coaches to assist in the practice and games and bring minor league players to a varsity HS game to experience what it’s like to be a varsity baseball player. We encourage you to support the Wayland High School baseball team and the Steve Henley Foundation.
The Steve Henley foundation has been providing support to youth and HS athletic programs for over 10 years including the donation of equipment and uniforms. The major event fundraiser for the Steve
Henley foundation is the annual golf tournament to be held on June 10, 2016 at the Sandy Burr Country Club. We encourage you to support the foundation by participating in this great event, sponsor a hole or simply donate funding (see below on how to contribute).
Steve Henley was a Wayland High School football coach whose life was tragically cut short at age 46 from a stroke. He loved sports and working with Wayland youths. He believed athletics are more than a matter of points scored. They are more about the friendships forged, lessons learned and character built. He was always eager to support youth sports. For Steve, the question was always not “if” something could be done but rather “when” it could be done.
Through this memorial fund, all monies raised directly benefit Wayland youth. Below are just some of the items this Memorial Golf Outing has purchased for Wayland athletes.
- WHS Football – Sponsored several players to attend Camp Caribou for a week prior to the season;
- WHS Football – Eight Riddell Speed Helmets;
- WHS Football – Orange Game Jerseys;
- WHS Football - Raincoats for football players/coaches;
- WHS Softball – Pitching machine;
- WHS Softball/Baseball – Contributed to score boards;
- WHS Girls Hockey Team – Team uniforms;
- WHS Boys Hockey Team – Team uniforms; WHS Boys and girls hockey socks;
- WMS - Track uniforms; WMS - Hockey team uniforms; WMS - Hockey socks;
- WMS - Hockey championship sweatshirts;
- WHS - Boys Basketball – Embroidered jackets;
- WHS - Boys Basketball – Embroidered pants;
- WHS - Girls Basketball – Embroidered jackets;
- WHS - Girls Basketball – Embroidered pants;
- WHS - Cheerleaders – Mats for practice; WHS - Cheerleaders Warm-up jackets; WHS – Benches for the players at the high school gym;
- WHS – Pep band jackets; WHS – Quick start training system;
- WHS - Swim Team – Five years of championship banners displayed at the pool;
- WHS - Swim Team – Replaced the starter for the Colorado timing system;
- WHS - Swim Team – 42-inch TV attached to a video camera and a Tivo system;
- WHS - Swim Team – Three pull-up abdominal workout machines;
- WHS - Wrestling - Embroidered jackets;
- WHS – Golf - Embroidered jackets; WHS – Embroidered wool hats;
- WHS – Golf - Embroidered caps; WHS – Weight room supplies;
- Wayland Warriors – Donated $1000.00;
- Wayland Jr. Warrior Swim Team – Storage bins;
- WHS Sailing Team - $1000.00 donation; Town Beach – All terrain beach wheelchair;
- Chairs for Team Members, wrestling, volleyball, basketball;
- WHS Lacrosse - Coaching shirts; WHS Lacrosse - Coaching clinics.
During his 46 years, Steve made his mark on family, friends and community. Not only did he live his life to the fullest, but he shared his love for life with those around him. It is this love of life combined with his generosity and capacity from giving that inspired the Henley Family to create this memorial fund.
The Henley Family are grateful to all their supporters, who have done so much to make this Fund and the Annual Golf Tournament a great success.
Donations to the Steve Henley Memorial Fund can be made out to:
The Steve Henley Memorial Fund
197 Stone Bridge Road Wayland 01778
For more information you may call 508-922-9697