Charles River Softball League
Wayland Little League Softball will once again be participating in the Charles River Softball League (CRSL), a league consisting of teams from neighboring towns. There are three available divisions: U10, U12, and U14. While there are no softball-specific programs available for players younger than the U10 program, we invite you to join our programs for that younger age group. More information can be found here.
Our level of participation will depend on the number of registration we receive for each division. We will either field an all-Wayland team or we will partner with neighboring Wellesley to place registered players onto their teams. A final determination will be made following the registration deadline (August 20th). Players who have participated in the past have made friendships that have extended well past the softball diamond and the season - it's a great opportunity to make friends with similar interests, while still maintaining the Warrior connection.
Reach out with any questions (email@example.com), and thanks for supporting Wayland Little League Softball.
Program at a Glance
- The League: The Charles River Softball League is a local travel softball league with teams primarily from metrowest.
- The Season: Runs from early September through late October
- The Schedule: Games played Sunday mornings at 9am and 11am; Practices one day/week (TBD)
- The Teams: Teams will be formed based on registration numbers
- The Cost: The cost per player is $155
- The Ages: Players with birthdates following 12/31/2003
- The Registration Deadline: August 20th
For more information and to register, click here.
14U (7th, 8th & 9th) FALL CLINIC & TOURNAMENT
Program Start Date: 9/9/18
Program End Date: 10/28/18
Your 7th, 8th or 9th grade player will receive advanced coaching and a bigger challenge from softball in response to broad interest in an advanced skills program. Your player will have the unique opportunity to learn from professional coaches and former professional/collegiate athletes (our “Gurus”) as well as their usual coaches. This higher level of instruction, combined with hard work and dedication, will give your player the opportunity to be competitive and get some victories over our peer teams.
At the end of the clinic session, we will select a squad, from clinic participants, to participate in a weekend tournament against other towns. This tournament will be a real ASA-style tournament with girls from the surrounding area.
In support of furthering the team’s skills, we are going to run clinics each week in September and October up to the selected tournament date. Our clinics will run on Friday and Sunday afternoons.
- Friday 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM (may adjust with daylight as weeks go on). This clinic will be run by one of our “Gurus” and will focus on one key skill (e.g. bat swing mechanics, base running). We will spend the time working this skill in fun ways and getting individualized instruction from our “gurus”.
- Sunday afternoon 4-6 (may adjust due to Patriots!)—This clinic will be run by coach Ken, Michelle, Megan, Mark with potential participation from our “Gurus”. We’ll use the time to reinforce what we learned earlier that week and divide into groups to specialize in field positions.
- The tournament dates and times are TBD (It will be one of the October weekends. We are working with surrounding towns on which weekend and date)
NOTE: We'll schedule clinics around the CRSL schedule so those interested can participate in both programs and it will not be required for players to make it to every clinic.